Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Weight Loss Journey Begins

Losing weight is something that everyone wants to do. It's like a crowning achievement you get to brag about for letting yourself go in the first place. It's taking credit for fixing a problem you created.

For me, my weight never held much sway in my life. I played softball for 7 years, then started playing volleyball in middle school. In school, I was known for being athletic, but I always remember being on the bigger side. I left high school at 200 lbs.

I gained about 10 pounds every year of high school and seven years later I hit my heaviest at 280. I've stayed around 265 for the last few years, but starting January 1st, I'll be putting in actual effort. By focusing on a healthier diet and creating a simple full body workout, I hope to blow past my weight from high school and middle school with a target goal of about 135 lbs.

Me at 265 lbs.

With just a few more days before I feel a little under prepared in the diet part. I devised a few rules such as cutting out junk food and red meat as well as watching the sweets I consume. My ultimate goal is to transition into a vegan diet, so I will be doing a lot of test recipes as I build my repertoire of recipes. For now, I am sticking to a handful of recipes (mostly because I am a broke college student). I want to be a healthy vegan, so I want to establish other healthy habits such as eating more whole foods and less processed.

As for why I am hoping to transition to a more plant-based diet, I am really eco-friendly (seriously, this is a green lifestyle blog). I know that the agriculture industry is one of the biggest contributors to climate change and aiming to eat more whole foods will help me cut back on my waste as well.

Double Earth Saving Whammy!

Be sure to check out my other posts on what I am tracking as I lose weight, my daily workout, and recipes. I will also be sharing all the ways that I am shrinking my carbon footprint this year with plenty of choices that save the environment and money at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment